It is an honor and a pleasure to speak and / or perform at your awesome event or have a mentoring session with you one-on-one.
I have presented at conferences and small networking events, classrooms full of teenagers and 3rd graders as well as sat on music industry & wellness panels. I also love to consult one-on-one via Skype / Zoom or in-person when we can about what is going on with you, your music career, or your wellness path!
My experience as a DIY indie musician & troubadour plus my other passion as an alternative wellness provider gives me a fresh & raw perspective on life that your group or personal projects may gain some insight/inspiration from.
SEXUAL ASSAULT SURVIVOR ADVOCACY / #METOO
Supporting survivors of sexual assault is a topic that is deeply meaningful to me. I’ve spoken in college classrooms, fundraising galas, on stages, and in small groups on this vulnerable topic. In 2016 I recorded my song Petty Misdemeanor (released 2017) in response to my personal experience as a Survivor of sexual assault in 2006 (read more about that here in this Star Tribune feature). In 2017, I was graciously awarded “Community Ally of the Year” by PAVSA – Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault in Duluth, Minnesota for my ongoing public efforts to raise awareness and support for survivors. I have collaborated with the #MeToo Mpls Collective with a new song about my experience for their compilation album (all funds donated to Planned Parenthood) and also spoke and performed at the virtual fundraiser Stand Point MN – Attorneys & Advocates against domestic and sexual violence in fall 2020. This topic, while painful to repeatedly speak of, shines light for those who might need support in knowing they are not alone and there is help available.
If you are a Survivor of sexual assault and seek support, please follow this link to PAVSA for information and support or RAINN | The nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization (My personal heroine, Tori Amos is the national spokesperson).
Past speaking & performing events
- PAVSA Autumn Gala – Recipient of 2017 Community Ally Award
- University of MN – Women & Social Justice class
- #MeToo Minneapolis Collective
- Stand Point MN Virtual Annual Fundraiser
- University of MN – Duluth (UMD) Study Abroad Luncheon
- UMD Philosophy and World Religion guest speaker
- UMD Psychology of Religion Retreat at Pigeon Lake: Songwriting workshop, DIY Touring Panelist for the Minnesota Music Coalition
- “Yoga for Anywhere” lecture and workshop
- PAVSA (Prevention & Aid for Victims of Sexual Assault) Annual Fundraising Luncheon
- Music Resource Center (“provides teens the opportunity to find a positive, creative outlet through music education, performance and recording”) guest speaker
- Teen Camp Coordinator for the Midwest Women’s Herbal Conference
- Camp Counselor for Rain City Rock Camp for Girls (Seattle)
and more …
Consultations / Mentoring
- Social Media
- DIY touring
- Booking performances
- Vegan coaching
- Private yoga lessons (physical and philosophy)
- Yoga of Sound / Intro to Mantra