Double (shared) Room Rate for Creativity and Yoga in the High Desert Retreat in Taos, NM June 3-7th 2020
Earlybird double room $849 / $879 regular price
Welcome to the Land of Enchantment.
Taos, New Mexico is the southwest dreamscape that we always fantasize of and may forever long for. These are the landscapes of deep red dirt in Georgia O’Keeffe’s paintings, the Long Quiet Highway of Natalie Goldberg’s books, and that which inspires hundreds of artists, creators, mystics, and nature lovers every year.
Taos is an artistic goldmine within a small and evolving population of 6,000. Home of UNESCO World Heritage Site Taos Pueblo – a living Native American community that has been inhabited for over 1,000 years – this landscape is rich with tradition, sacred mystery, reverence, and (maybe quite literally) humming with creativity.
Explore how a sacred landscape can inspire lasting, incredibly unique, and awe-inspiring beauty. Explore how a landscape within can reveal the same. In this retreat, we will venture to internal depths and gaze into literal external depths (deep into the Rio Grande river gorge!). We’ll learn about how sustainable, creative, and adaptable humans can be. We’ll bask in our own deep pools of unending bliss while soaking in fabulous mineral hot springs under the full high desert moon.
This retreat will be a fairly active one, with day trips and a fair amount of walking. Please remember that this is YOUR time to carve out how you wish and everything is optional.
We will visit living structures and communities both ancient and new whose dreams are ALIVE. We’ll luxuriate in mineral springs under the full Sagittarius moon. We will hike along the Rio Grande River Gorge, the silent mesa home to blooming cacti, jackrabbits, coyote, and big horned sheep with the winding river echoing below. We’ll visit O’Keeffe’s Ghost Ranch, the Earthship Biotecture eco-community, and an option to visit the Taos Pueblo community if open (visitation varies during seasonal and ceremonial times), and wander the winding streets for a Saturday afternoon’s open galleries. We’ll weave in yoga practices & mindful movement to unwind tension and prepare the body-mind to settle into inner landscapes through creative writing practice, dream work, and reverent group sharing.
Devisidero Trail. Sacred Mountain. Sage. Labrinths. Gorge. Sunset. Ojo Caliente. Ghost Ranch. Hot Springs. Rio Grande. Ghosts. Hikes. Galleries. Pinón. Silence. Magpies. Cactus blossoms. Mesa. Open space. Big Sky. Mountains. Artists. Peace. Wonder. Mystery. Magic. Vortex. Holy. Pilgrims. Faith. Sacred. Full Moon. Community. Rest. Ancient Beauty.
ABOUT OUR LODGING
Blue Sky Retreat Center at the Historic San Geronimo Lodge is a historic property that was built in 1925. “… a signature New Mexico style adobe construction with a chili pepper-shaped swimming pool, a hot tub, a meditation path, a garden and a labyrinth. It has been a farm house, a sanatorium, a boarding school and now a bed & breakfast and a retreat center. The San Geronimo Lodge was built in the style of a Grand Lodge, with vast common rooms high ceiling with traditional vigas, rambling verandas and winding portals-all situated on the 3.5 acres of natural serenity. Fruit tree abound the banks of the Acequia Madre which rambles through the grounds and many miles of the Carson National Forest are just a short walk away. Built in native adobe, the San Geronimo Lodge truly offers the best of both worlds – historic ambiance and charm with all the comfort and convenience of modern day accommodations.” Choose from private rooms, doubles, or triples. Please note this is a quirky, rustic lodge with some imperfections, and also very charming!
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Four nights at Blue Sky Retreat (single, double, triple guest rooms available)
- Most meals included – Plant-based, home-cooked goodness (except for meals during excursions as noted below)
- Coffee / Tea / fresh juices during breakfast
- Daily yoga practice (Vinyasa, Slow flow, Yoga Nidra)
- Creative writing practice
- Full moon soak at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa Friday evening (towel, locker lock & robes not included but available for rental)
- Admission to Earthship Biotecture Community Tour
- Admission Georgia O’Keeffe Ghost Ranch self-guided tour
- Group hikes along the Rio Grande River Gorge & optional Devisadero Mountain Trail
- Relaxing wander through Taos during Saturday open galleries
- Group dinner Saturday night in Taos at El Gamal
- Transportation during retreat for our field trips
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Flights / transportation to New Mexico
- Transportation from airport to and from Taos
- Car Rental or Shuttle Fee
- Travel insurance
- Medical care
- Lunch on Thursday & Friday and Dinner on Friday are not included
- Spa treatments at Ojo Caliente (massage, etc)
- Admission to Taos Pueblo World Heritage Site *if open during our stay*
- Fancy coffees / alcohol not included (BYOB)
- Alcoholic beverages during Saturday group dinner